FORMS, POLICIES & FAQs
NEW PATIENT FORMS
• We do not discriminate against race, color, creed, gender, religion or sexual orientation.
• We are happy to provide wheelchair access.
• We do not call in narcotics.
• We observe OSHA and HIPAA guidelines.
• There is a 24 hour turn around time for prescription call-ins.
• We do not treat patients over the phone without the benefit of physical exam and medical record.
• There is a fee for noninsurance covered services.
• There is a fee for insurance covered services for which the insurance coverage does not meet the cost of providing the service. Examples of this includes injections such as Vitamin B12, Delestrogen, and Deltesteryl.
• There is a fee for filling out FMLA and disability documentation and for copying your medical records for transfer to another physician.
• We will notify you of the results of any labwork or tests. Our providers must review all test results prior to reporting to the patient. You can expect to have your test results within 2 weeks or less.
• There is a $25.00 fee if you fail to show, cancel or reschedule your appointment without at least 24 hours advance notice. This fee increases to $50.00 for patients who were scheduled for an in-office procedure or ultrasound. The fee, however, will not apply to our obstetrical patients who have an appointment scheduled, but have been admitted for delivery, as we will take the appointment out of our system.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I go if I have a medical emergency?
If you’re not pregnant, please proceed to the nearest hospital for medical care. If you are pregnant you should proceed to Piedmont Columbus Regional located at 710 Center Street, Columbus, GA 31904.
Who do I call if I have a non-urgent question regarding my care/pregnancy?
Contact our office at OBGYN Specialists of Columbus during normal business hours Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm. Or, send a secure message through our patient portal at any time.
Who will deliver our baby?
Dr. Rees has delivered 99% of babies for the OB patients under her care for the last 20 years. There is an extremely likely chance that she will deliver your baby; this will be discussed during your scheduled appointments at OBGYN Specialists of Columbus.
Where does Dr. Rees deliver and why?
Dr. Rees only delivers at Piedmont Columbus Regional Hospital. She has partnered with this top-notch care facility for a very important reason: it hosts a Level III NICU. This means they have the capability to provide comprehensive care for infants, ranging from extremely low birth weight to full-term requiring specialized interventions. In the event that your baby would need NICU care, this ensures you would be on-site with your baby, rather than in two different medical facilities.
OBGYN Specialists of Columbus has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website: www.obgynsoc.com
We respect your privacy. Any information we collect from you, including your email address, will simply be used to send you the information you have requested. We will not give or sell your personal information to any unaffiliated third party. If you give us your email and permission to send more information, you may opt out of receiving any additional email messages at any time, by unsubscribing from our email list.
You need not provide AHA OBGYN Specialists of Columbus with personally identifying information (e.g., name, telephone number, email address, city and/or state of residence) as a condition of using our site. However, your failure to provide certain personally identifying information when asked will prevent certain features of the website from functioning or will prevent OBGYN Specialists of Columbus from effectively responding to certain of your requests.
The website will collect only that personally identifying information that you affirmatively provide in response to a direct request.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact:
OBGYN Specialists of Columbus
Address: 1604 12th St. Columbus, GA 31906